CertMaster Labs for Linux+ (XK0-005)
CertMaster Labs for Linux+ (XK0-005)
- Gradable hands-on assessments provide an accurate picture of your ability to correctly and efficiently perform job tasks
- Browser-based labs require only a reliable internet connection and modern browser, with no special equipment
- Scenarios aligned with CompTIA exam objectives
- Once redeemed, CertMaster Labs will be valid for 12 months
Your Linux career starts here. CompTIA Linux+ ensures IT pros, software developers, cybersecurity engineers and penetration testers have these necessary skills to support today’s tech systems.
What you’ll learn
CompTIA CertMaster Labs for Linux+ (XK0-005) enable hands-on practice and skills development using real equipment and software accessed through a remote, browser-based lab environment. Aligned with Official CompTIA courseware and the CompTIA Linux+ (XK0-005) exam objectives, CertMaster Labs make it easy for learners to practice and apply their skills in real workplace scenarios in preparation for the certification exam. All lab activities include gradable assessments, offer feedback and hints, and provide a score based on learner inputs, ultimately guiding you to the most correct and efficient path through job tasks.
There are two types of labs in the course:
- Assisted Labs guide the learner step-by-step through tasks, offering assessment and feedback throughout a 10-15 minute experience, allowing the learner to correct any misunderstandings as they proceed through the activity.
- Applied Labs present a series of goal-oriented scenarios in a 20-30 minute experience covering multiple topics, scoring the student at the end of the activity based on their ability to successfully complete each scenario. As a result, learners are forced to think critically about how to approach problems without a prescribed set of steps.
Assisted Lab: Exploring the Lab Environment
Assisted Lab: Basic Linux Interaction
Assisted Lab: Manage User Accounts
Assisted Lab: Manage Group Accounts
Assisted Lab: Configure and Troubleshoot Privilege Escalation
Assisted Lab: Configure Standard Permissions
Assisted Lab: Configure Special Permissions
Assisted Lab: Configure ACLs
Assisted Lab: Troubleshoot Permissions
APPLIED LAB: Identity and Access Control
Assisted Lab: Manage File Links
Assisted Lab: Use File Management Commands
Assisted Lab: Search for Files
Assisted Lab: Edit Text Files
Assisted Lab: Backup, Restore, and Compress Files
Assisted Lab: Manage RPM Packages
Assisted Lab: Manage DEB Packages
Assisted Lab: Compile a Program
Assisted Lab: Download Files From a Web Server
APPLIED LAB: File and Software Management
Assisted Lab: Deploy Storage and LVM
Assisted Lab: Manage Processes
Assisted Lab: Manage Services
Assisted Lab: Deploy Services
Assisted Lab: Configure Network Settings
Assisted Lab: Configure Remote Administration
Assisted Lab: Troubleshoot Network Configurations
APPLIED LAB: System Management
Assisted Lab: Configure a Firewall
Assisted Lab: Intercept Network Traffic
Assisted Lab: Harden a Linux System
Assisted Lab: Verify File Integrity By Using Hashes
Assisted Lab: Configure SELinux
APPLIED LAB: Security
Assisted Lab: Manage Scripts
Assisted Lab: Configure a System with Ansible
Assisted Lab: Manage Version Control with Git
Assisted Lab: Deploy Docker Containers
Assisted Lab: Manage GRUB2
Assisted Lab: Deploy a Linux System
APPLIED LAB: Scripting, Orchestration, Installation
- One CompTIA CertMaster Labs for Linux+ (XK0-005) license – this is single user license and may not be shared
- Once activated, CompTIA CertMaster Labs for Linux+ (XK0-005) is valid for 12 months
- Access keys must be redeemed within 12 months of purchase
Learn by Doing with CertMaster Labs for Linux+
CertMaster Labs for Linux+ provides you with the necessary platform to gain hands-on skills in Linux operating systems to prepare for your CompTIA Linux+ certification exam. CertMaster Labs addresses the practical aspects of the CompTIA Linux+ exam objectives and complements prior training through access to real equipment and software environments.
WHY CHOOSE CERTMASTER LABS FOR LINUX+
ACCESS TO HANDS-ON LEARNING
Browser-based access to software applications and operating systems used on the job.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN WITH CERTMASTER LABS FOR LINUX+
CertMaster Labs addresses the practical aspects of the CompTIA Linux+ XK0-005 exam objectives, including:
HARDWARE AND SYSTEM CONFIGURATION
Configure kernel modules, network parameters, storage, cloud and virtualization technologies.
Understand best practices for permissions and authentication, firewalls and file management.
SYSTEM OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE
Manage software and services, and explain server roles, job scheduling and the use andoperation of Linux devices.
LINUX TROUBLESHOOTING AND DIAGNOSTICS
Analyze system properties and processes and troubleshoot user, application and hardware issues.
AUTOMATION AND SCRIPTING
Execute basic Bash scripts, version control using Git, and orchestration processes.